Active Topics | Active Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum Subject
CL16
Jump to new posts Re: Getting the rudder off by jacks     Today at 12:51 PM

Quote: Where's the "rudder lock"?

It's the metal clip that locks into place at the top pintle when you insert the rudder. You need to depress it to get the rudder off and, at the same time, gently tap the rudder from the bottom.
CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Building a new CL16, with pictures!! by Philippe     Today at 09:50 AM

Yeah, I think one of the reason the transition was so much work for Geoff is that he isnít just taking over the company, but wants to reboot the boat building part of it, not just make rudders and centerboards.
CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Building a new CL16, with pictures!! by Sandpaper     Today at 06:20 AM

Oh Wow, Philippe! This is fascinating stuff. Please keep posting.

It's great to see that Geoff is producing CLs again. It's too bad that Dave V. cut up the Sandpiper molds.

Keep the pix coming.
CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Building a new CL16, with pictures!! by Philippe     Yesterday at 10:50 PM

Got some more pictures!

The Interior Bow Section, with fiberglass completed:

CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The New CL by Philippe     Yesterday at 11:58 AM

Dennis, sadly, regarding the rudder, I do not have all the information. It's my understanding that it's solid FB finished in gel coat. But then again, he might have used honeycomb foam core.

I'll point out to Geoff (again) that his prese
CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The New CL by Sandpaper     Yesterday at 06:59 AM

Philippe, I'm fascinated by the photo. How was the new rudder constructed?

Obviously it was molded in two halves: port and starboard. Is it hollow? Or is it solid glass? How are the two halves joined? Is each part cured before they are joi
CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Building a new CL16, with pictures!! by Philippe     11/16/18 07:38 PM

This new thread I'm starting is more or less related to the "The New CL" thread (http://www.vaxxine.com/clsailboats/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=19748#Post19748 ). As one of the person who actually has been able to hear back from th
CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The New CL by Philippe     11/15/18 04:15 PM

Got the pictures to work!

New rudder:

Anybody interested in pictures of empty boat moulds? Until I get some pictures of an actual new hull?

CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Storage by Sandpaper     11/15/18 06:33 AM

The sailboat came out of the water yesterday. It was a cold and breezy day, but it was the best one in the forecast for a while. The job went quite well for us, considering the challenges with the weather. We were shuffling around in a couple cent
CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Storage by Sandpaper     11/13/18 06:52 AM

Well, I guess it is time.

Sapphire was sailing last Wednesday. It started off rather calm, but got very lively before we got back to the dock.

It has been a good season. I've got a winter project lined up.

It's time
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Porta potti replacement by Shortwave     11/11/18 09:49 PM

Here's a couple of pictures of our head installation; a quick and dirty installation. The old head/bucket was cut out and a new portages potty installed. The bunk edge is lined with pipe insulation to avoid scrapping or pinching of delicate parts.
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Porta potti replacement by Shortwave     11/11/18 09:29 PM

We have a similar portages-poti as yours Dennis except the lower tank looks a bit bigger. We've gone for 4 or 5 days quite easily with a few modifications:

Put used toilet paper in a separate bag. It takes up a lot of volume.

Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Porta potti replacement by Shortwave     11/11/18 09:26 PM

We have a similar portages-poti as yours Dennis except the lower tank looks a bit bigger. We've gone for 4 or 5 days quite easily with a few modifications:

Put used toilet paper in a separate bag. It takes up a lot of volume.

Page 1 of 1 1