Active Topics | Active Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum Subject
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Not turning by Shortwave     Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Then of course, some of us are just naturally heavy and tend to sink really well.
Don't need much added weight then; perhaps a bit of grape shot in your pocket (tiny pirate amo) is all you need.

D'Arcy, Shortwave
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Not turning by Sandpaper     Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Shortwave
. . . give yourself neutral buoyancy.

D'Arcy, Shortwave

Neutral Buoyancy? It sounds like a state of mind.

D'Arcy, I have a job for you when you come to Sail Mazinaw.
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Spring is coming by Sandpaper     06/24/19 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Shortwave . . . you've wetted our appetite for a sail on Mazinaw.

You guys are living the dream!

D'Arcy, Shortwave

The dream??!! But Shortwave is our worst nightmare! She comes in our o
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Spring is coming by Shortwave     06/23/19 09:21 PM

What a spectacular day for a sail. We're still a couple of weeks off from launching but you've wetted our appetite for a sail on Mazinaw.
You guys are living the dream!

D'Arcy, Shortwave
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Spring is coming by Sandpaper     06/23/19 07:50 AM

Well, I finally made it. I went sailing on the first full day of summer. Check the photos.

Ok, I said that I went sailing, but I didn't actually touch the helm. I had a pretty crew for that. Crystal squealed in the first couple of puff
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Not turning by Shortwave     06/23/19 02:21 AM

Snorkling under the boat is a pretty good way to inspect the keel. Ideally you would wear some weighted objects to give yourself neutral buoyancy. If you don't you'll keep floating up under the hull and will have to keep kicking to stay down.
<
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Not turning by kenn     06/22/19 09:55 PM

The best is of course having the boat on a sling.

Second-best - one year I positioned the boat back a bit on the trailer so the keel was centered over the axle, ran the trailer up onto some car ramps, then I used blocks and a bottle jack t
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Not turning by Sandpaper     06/22/19 06:44 AM

Speaking of keels, has anyone perfected a technique for inspecting and scrubbing their Sandpiper keel? Sapphire's keel has never really been cleaned since we got her in the early 80s. She is in the water now.
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Spring is coming by Sandpaper     06/21/19 07:06 AM

Jacques, have you been sailing? Did you get on the water with your 'Piper. Tell us a story.

The SailGP fleet is in New York this weekend. To help get the sailing bug, you can watch SailGP racing live on YouTube starting at 5:00pm today
CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rendezvous 2019 by Shortwave     06/20/19 01:52 PM

Make sure you practice safe Sextant. Wear protection (flotation device) in case you fall in while gazing at the moon.

Shortwave
CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rendezvous Flags by kenn     06/20/19 10:43 AM

Design proposal - take Crystal to a Jack Astors, give her 3 Long island iced teas and a cupful of crayons...
CLBW Open User Forum
Jump to new posts Rendezvous Flags by Sandpaper     06/20/19 08:27 AM

It's time to think about a flag for the 2019 rendezvous.

For the early rendezvous, the flag was relatively standard with a date and a location and the Sandpiper logo. Then, the flags started to demonstrate some creative characteristics.
Page 1 of 1 1