Active Topics | Active Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum Subject
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another mast raising thread by Cymen     Today at 12:12 PM

I should have linked to your thread. It was very helpful. We used your design to get a rough idea of how to make a similar one with about the same dimensions. If anyone comes via Google, kenn's very helpful thread is here:

http://www.vaxxi
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Yet another mast raising thread by kenn     07/17/18 06:27 PM

Nicely done.

We have become pretty good at a two-person raise and lower without aids, but last year I did something similar to you but with 1.125" aluminum tube. I just used a 2:1 arrangement, but it's proven to be easy enough. The gin pol
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Sandpipers On The Ottawa River by kenn     07/17/18 06:22 PM

-sigh-

We did manage some day sailing, and then last weekend we overnighted at QCYC. Pictures later.
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Sandpipers On The Ottawa River by Windy Island     07/17/18 09:31 AM

Notice Sapphire's reflection on Shortwave's hull. Awesome.
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Re: Sandpipers On The Ottawa River by Windy Island     07/16/18 11:31 PM

Sail Mazinaw was a blast. We met many new sailors and reunited with old friends. Saturday winds were good to us and we loved sleeping in our Sandpiper again.
Sailing our area of the Ottawa is always a challenge. Against the wind and against the
CL16
Jump to new posts Hull #223 sails again! by Philippe     07/16/18 11:55 AM

Well, after much fiberglass work, a fair bit of fabricating and machining assorted metals and a whole lot of sweat, we were finally able to take Stitch, our CL16 hull #223 (circa 1969 or 1970 I believe) out for a shakedown cruise last Friday.
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Yet another mast raising thread by Cymen     07/15/18 10:49 PM

Photos

Flickr album: Sandpiper 565 - Mast raising and lowering with gin pole and block and tackle

Backstory

So last year I acquired Duchess from Arthur. I had grand plans of sailing however I took it o
Sandpiper 565
Jump to new posts Sandpipers On The Ottawa River by Sandpaper     07/15/18 08:07 AM

Check out these photos. After Sail Mazinaw, Sapphire and Shortwave trailered to LaPasse and launched in Windy Island's home waters. It was the best sailing of the season. Windy Island's crew were incredible hosts. Including Sail Mazinaw, Shortwa
Page 1 of 1 1