Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#19480 - 02/06/18 06:10 PM Bob Bowman
Sandpaper Offline
addict

Some sad news has been rippling through the Sandpiper fleet. It has been reported that Bob Bowman has passed.

Bob and his Sandpiper, Latis, had been a fixture at the Rendezvous since 2009. Bob added his own brand of adventure to each event. He hosted the Lake St. Clair Rendezvous in 2014.

I can only call Bob a gentleman. He was always happy to meet a fellow sailor. He thanked Joanne and me every time we met, for the hospitality we afforded him at one particular Rendezvous years ago.

Bob, you're going to be missed. The forum will be quiet without you.

Everyone, please post any photos you may have of Bob. Mine will follow.

#19481 - 02/07/18 08:24 AM Re: Bob Bowman [Re: Sandpaper]
Dat Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, I think?
I would like to express my sincere condolences to Bob's family. I'll remember Bob fondly and feel lucky to have known him.

Fair Winds my Friend

#19482 - 02/07/18 01:25 PM Re: Bob Bowman [Re: Dat]
Sandpaper Offline
addict

Latis On Mazinaw Lake

Bob At The Helm

Bob At Anchor

Bob + Rod + Marrette

Latis At Bon Echo Rock

Ken Helping Bob by Sandpaper, on Flickr

#19497 - 02/26/18 02:15 PM Re: Bob Bowman [Re: Sandpaper]
Little Wave Online   content
enthusiast

Our Family is surprised and sadden with this sudden news, of Bob, and we are sorry and will miss him.

Our family really enjoyed Bob's company at the Sandpiper Rendezvous. We really enjoyed Bob's humor and his great big smiles. With Bob being from MI USA and us from ON Canada, we also teased each other and debated some of the war of 1812 stuff since we are history buffs living on the usa/can border up here in the "Soo".

For many years Bob traveled to the Sandpiper Rendezvous just attending by himself (solo) which speaks well of his sailing skills. Our family when we could helped Bob in launching or hauling out his sandpiper. Bob had a special way that made him appeal well to everyone in the group. He just flowed well and meshed well with everyone, and thus he will be missed at future events. We even offered to loan him a motor for one Rendezvous when he was having problems with his but he got it fixed it in time.

Bob's Sailing was his passion and hobby, Bob always said he wanted to bring his wife and family to the Rendezvous but conditions prevent him, I guess he just wanted all of us at the Rendezvous to have fun meeting his family.

With Bob Sailing Solo he things a bit different than most and had a different style but he always had that big grin and would often say "I know what your gonna say about this, but..."

The following photos are of Bob on the 2010 FroliQUE NatiQUE Rendezvous on the Ottawa River, at Constance Bay.

Take care of your mom, I know its harder when families live apart. Thank you for letting us know about your father.

Neil.

#19498 - 02/26/18 02:21 PM Re: Bob Bowman [Re: Sandpaper]
Little Wave Online   content
enthusiast

Our Family is surprised and sadden with the news, and we are sorry for the passing of Bob.

Our Family really enjoyed Bob's company at the Sandpiper Rendezvous. We really enjoyed Bob's humor and his great big smiles. With Bob being from MI USA and us from ON Canada, we also teased each other and debated some of the war of 1812 stuff since we are history buffs living on the usa/can border up here in the Soo.

For many years Bob traveled to the Sandpiper Rendezvous just attending by himself (solo) which speaks well of his sailing skills as most attending will always bring a crew. Our family when we could helped Bob (didn't we all) in launching or hauling out his Sandpiper.

Bob had a special way that made him appeal well to everyone in the group. He just flowed well and meshed well with everyone, and thus he will be missed at future events. We even offered to loan him a motor for one Rendezvous when he was having problems with his but he got it fixed it in time.

Sailing was Bob's passion and hobby, and Bob always said he wanted to bring his wife and family to the Rendezvous but conditions prevent him, I guess he just wanted all of us to have fun meeting his family and enjoy some sailing time together.

The following photos are of the 2010 FroliQUE NatiQUE Rendezvous on the Upper Ottawa River where we anchored by Constance Bay.

Neil.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dave V 
Hop to: