Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9512 - 07/04/11 04:55 PM New Item! Stern Ladders for CL 14/16
Kyle @ C&L Offline
crew

Loc: Ontario, Canada
We are excited to bring you a new product for the CL 14 and 16! Many customers have suggested their need for a retractable ladder. We took this suggestion seriously.

STERN LADDERS ARE IN!

Tested and approved, these ladders can retract, and fold. Quick pins allow for easy removal to be thrown in a hatch.

Get them while they're in stock for quick delivery.
CL14/16 three step 7/8" stainless - $139.00
Sandpiper four step 7/8" stainless - $159.00

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to post, and I will answer. Otherwise call (905)871-GOCL, or email me at clbw@clboatworks.com for more information.

#9629 - 07/18/11 09:31 PM Re: New Item! Stern Ladders for CL 14/16 [Re: Kyle @ C&L]
Stormceptor Offline
journeyman

Kyle,

The stern ladder looks great. I am very interested in buying one for my CL 16. Can you please tell me how you fasten the brackets to the transom. Looks like you used maybe an epoxy adhesive rather than through bolting? Through bolting would not be possible unless we removed the styro-foam flotation block in the lazerette.

Fine regards,

Luke
CL 16 #2470 Dipper

#9630 - 07/18/11 10:34 PM Re: New Item! Stern Ladders for CL 14/16 [Re: Kyle @ C&L]
Mike CL16 #134 Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Michigan, USA
Does it come with all of the rope, snaps, clips, pins, and other goodies?

I like the golf club grip on the tiller extension, by the way.
Freedom #134

#9633 - 07/19/11 10:28 AM Re: New Item! Stern Ladders for CL 14/16 [Re: Mike CL16 #134]
Kyle @ C&L Offline
crew

Hey Luke,

The epoxy you were looking at is actually tape for the purposes of the photo, as it was a new 16. However, we have worked with the bolts, and I can safely tell you it may take some stretching, but itís not an issue. A number of customers have also told us that their installations have worked out alright. Through bolting is the way to go, and will only need to be done once.

To Mike,

Yes, it comes with the ropes, snaps, clips, pins and other goodies. All the lines will be attached and ready for you when shipped. The only extra assembly work is the standoff legs which have to be bolted to the ladder but we give you the bolts (this is to keep shipping costs low). No extra parts are needed.

Cheers,
Kyle

#9636 - 07/19/11 08:48 PM Re: New Item! Stern Ladders for CL 14/16 [Re: Kyle @ C&L]
waterwheels Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tiverton On
I can confirm that it can be installed with the foam flotation blocks in the lazerette. You pretty much have to get your whole upper half of your body in the lazerette and your legs are sticking almost straight up in the air (glad no one saw me in that awkward position) but it can be done.
One small problem I had was, my transom is not perfectly true so when I tightened up the bolts it twisted the mounts a little making the quick pin removal not so quick or easy. I think this could be solved with a backing plate that would go from one set of bolts to the other. This would also distribute the weight a little more evenly over the transom.
Very happy with the ladder though, it is a perfect fit.
Don CL-16 1068 "Notta Yachta"

#9651 - 07/21/11 12:44 PM Re: New Item! Stern Ladders for CL 14/16 [Re: waterwheels]
Kyle @ C&L Offline
crew

Im sorry to say that we have decided not to include this guy in our ladder package.

#9774 - 08/02/11 06:00 PM Re: New Item! Stern Ladders for CL 14/16 [Re: waterwheels]
Stormceptor Offline
journeyman

Don and Kyle,

I installed the stern ladder this weekend. At Don's suggestion I made a backing plate that extended from one set of bolts to the other. However, I still had the same experience you described with the pins being very difficult to install. In fact they would not go in or out without a slight tap with a hammer. I pondered this for a while and decided to drill a slightly larger hole in the ladder pin holes. They were 1/4". I enlarged them to 17/64" (I really wish we would switch to the metric system)and left the bracket pin holes just as they were. That did the trick! The pins go in very easily now.

By the way, I thought you were joking when you described what position you were in order to work around the flotation blocks but I ended up in the same position. My wife and sister in law commented that they thought I was practicing for synchronized swimming. Not a pretty site with my body!

Kyle, with that modest modification of the ladder, I love it.

Best to you guys,

Luke
CL 16 #2470 Dipper

#9783 - 08/03/11 12:51 PM Re: New Item! Stern Ladders for CL 14/16 [Re: Stormceptor]
Kyle @ C&L Offline
crew

Thanks for the tip Luke. We will definitly do some drilling to all the ladders from now on before they go out.

I'm glad to hear you're happy with it. Enjoy the rest of the season.

Cheers,
Kyle

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dave V 
Hop to: